Thursday, June 20, 2013

Yasmine

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 8:30 a.m.

When one is bloodthirsty, nursing just doesn’t cut it. There’s plenty of blood, but you have to stitch them up, clean them, apply bandages. You have to make it stop. You can’t just watch it flow and pulse, deep red like happiness.

Yasmine devours her John Grisham novel. She should have studied law. She would have made an excellent prosecuting attorney, ripping people’s dignity and credibility to shreds. The best part is that her victims would deserve it. They would have committed a crime; nobody could fault her cruelty. No actual blood, perhaps, but at least she could destroy freely.

An accidental drabble. Actually, it was 102 words when I first wrote it, but I cut it down because drabbles are fun. 

I have my last official gogo class graduation tonight before moving to Las Vegas! It's bittersweet... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.