Monday, June 24, 2013

Shane

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 9 a.m.

Why do you write your poems in bright blue ink? is what everybody asks and I’d like to pretend it’s something esoteric because chicks dig that shit but mostly it’s because I’m left handed and the bright blue ink doesn’t smear as much when my hand moves over the page. I know it’s a pen for little girls because it has sparkles but hell who’s to say what what’s for whom anyway? They say publishing is for people with talent but on the internet anyone can publish anything and does that mean everyone’s talented? My mom thinks I’m talented and my girlfriends all start out thinking I’m talented but then they start doubting me which is a real kick in the nuts actually a metaphorical kick in the nuts but you know what I mean. They say I shouldn’t use run-on sentences and so did my teachers but I don’t buy into that bullshit because teachers are old tired bitches and also because I’m a run-on sentence and so are you and so is life and maybe people should just figure that out already.

Fun with run-on sentences. I had a lovely weekend. Hope you did, too. I really need to find a way to incorporate gogo dancing into my life when I move to Vegas. I'm going to miss my Old Town School & Buffy-a-Gogo ladies so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.