Friday, June 14, 2013

Delia

Seen on the Brown Line to the Loop at about 10:15 p.m., June 13th, 2013

I want a girl who plays the banjo and swings the universe on her skirt. Someone with American lips and starry eyes. Someone with intimate hands and an infinite mind. She’d learn everything without ever leaving her backyard, and then she’d pass that knowledge onto me, and you, because why not? She’d be too neighborly to be selfish and too cosmopolitan to allow ignorance. Despite witnessing countless sorrows and horrors, she’d smile at me with crooked teeth and tell me everything’s going to be alright. And I’d believe her, because only this girl would have the authority to say so.

A drabble for Friday. I have a busy-but-fun weekend ahead yet again. Hope you're all in the same boat! 

Also, have I mentioned that Leta, Gena, and I started a fiction blog called All Together Now? One person writes a story, then another person writes a story based on that story, and so on. It updates every Tuesday and Friday, and I am today's author! Post should be up around noon central time. Check it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.