Thursday, May 23, 2013

Zelda

Seen on the beach in Jacksonville, Florida at about 8:15 a.m. on Sunday, May 19th, 2013

She is a creature of the beach, tan leathery skin and sandy brown dress camouflaging her into the dunes. Two things give her away: her sunglasses and her maracas. She leaps up and down, her limbs flailing like a crab jolted with electricity. She whoops at the runners: “Go! Go! Go! Wooo! Go!” She shakes the maracas: chchchchchchchchchchch. She is the only spectator here; the others have moved down the course, intimidated by her zeal.

Most of the runners ignore her, but I find her entertaining. She distracts me from the stitch in my side. I smile and shuffle on.

A drabble from my trip to Florida. I had a lovely time, but I'm also happy to be back and blogging. Sunday morning I got up at 6 a.m., did yoga, and ran a 5K. (Ok, so I partially walked and partially ran a 5K.) What did you do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.