Friday, March 8, 2013

Tammy

Seen at Mayne Stage at about 9:30 p.m., March 7th, 2013


I never thought I'd be one of those old ladies who dances like she doesn't care. We do care, of course. Or at least we notice you looking. You're clearly amused, or irritated, or judgmental, or embarrassed for us. Is noticing the same thing as caring? I'm not sure that it is. I'm going to dance anyway, regardless of how you feel. It's no worse than the way young people dance when they're drunk. Equally as amusing, irritating, judgment-worthy, and embarrassing, in my opinion. We all paid good money to be here. We all enjoy the music. Who cares?

Yeah, I was at Mayne Stage last night watching Sons of the Silent Age play Bowie songs again. It was awesome again. I like it when old people dance. I hope I dance when I'm old. None of this sitting around crap for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.