Friday, March 22, 2013

Aimee

Seen on the Best Western Mardi Gras’ shuttle to McCarran Airport at about 1:30 p.m., March 19th, 2013

“So what do you want, Aimee?”

“What?”

“I said, what—”

“What? My phone. My phone is I dunno. It’s doing some…stuff.”

“WHAT DO YOU WANT IF YOU DON’T WANT ME?”

I want Jessica to come back. You know? I mean, who just leaves their friend in Vegas like that? It’s Vegas. Doesn’t the buddy system mean anything to her? Like, Girl Scouts? We were both in Girls Scouts. I stayed longer than her, though, up to the green one. Junior Scouts. Maybe that’s why it stuck. With me, I mean. Buddy system.

“I want—I mean I don’t want a relationship. Ok? No relationships. I like talking to you, and stuff. And being with you is fun, but…”

“But what?”

“But I just don’t understand why guys and girls can’t just be friends, you know what I mean? What’s wrong with friends?”

“I love you, though. I love you, Aimee. I want you to move in with me.”

I want to catch my flight. Yeah. I just really want to catch my flight home. I was on standby, and then I was sick, and I had to buy a new ticket, and that one guy said he was the shuttle driver, but he wasn’t. He was just old. So the shuttle finally came, but my flight’s at 2. I hope I make it. I just wanna get out of here.

“I mean, I want to. Live with you, I mean. I’d have to save up, like, so much money, though. Like so much. And you could see other girls and whatever. That’d be fine. You could see whoever you wanted and do stuff. I just don’t feel like I can be in a relationship right now.”

“I don’t want to see any other girls, Aimee!”

“Why are you angry? Just stop being so loud and angry, ok?”

“Do you want to see other guys? What the hell is the matter with you?”

I’m just so tired, you know? Have you ever been so tired that your eyelids stick together and they won’t open even if you tell them to?

“You’re like my eyelids, baby.”

“WHAT?”

“Yeah. Eyelids.” 

This was a fun one to write. I've never written from the perspective of a drunk person before. It's also my last story from my trip to Vegas. Next week we'll return to the passengers of the L. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.