Monday, February 18, 2013

Cecilia

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 8:45 a.m.

Cecilia is one page away from quitting her job and abandoning her boyfriend and moving to California. Just one page. She is reading Junot Diaz—his newest book, short stories. Fiction. She has read his other books without life-altering results. Once she turns that page, however, she’s going to see a sentence. That sentence will be about a fictional person, but really it will be about Cecilia. Sometime later, when she’s waiting tables in Irvine, she’ll wonder how Mr. Diaz managed to imbue that sentence with so much truth. She’ll write him a letter demanding to know how he knew her so well.

The nightmare is over! My apartment has electricity! I'm so excited. Now I should be back to regular posting. 

This weekend I became obsessed with the Netflix original series House of Cards. It's SO. GOOD. Appeals to my Machiavellian sensibilities. I'd recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.