Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tilda

Seen at about 1 a.m. at Le Poisson Rouge in New York City, January 21st, 2013

She is small and old and used up, but maybe she doesn’t have to be. Maybe in the dark she can be beautiful. Maybe in a black lace dress and a tiny top hat she can be fun. Maybe with a strong drink in her hand she can be happy. Tilda clambers onto the stage and dances with all the other drug-addled weirdos. They are searching for the past, or maybe reasons to continue living in the future. The lights are too bright for her to see the faces of the crowd, so she pretends that they’re smiling at her.

As you can see, I have returned from New York City! I would have tried to write a story yesterday, but a) I was working from home, and b) I was going on about one hour of sleep. Not the best state for productivity. Anyway, I saw "Tilda" at the David Bowie/Elvis birthday party at Le Poisson Rouge, which was amazing! Here are other places I went: Fresh Salt, Fraunces Tavern (the oldest tavern in NYC and George Washington's favorite), Leo's Bagels, Obscura Antiques and Oddities, Cafe Pick Me Up (ironic, since I always go to Pick-Me-Up Cafe here in Chicago), The Charleston (skee-ball and free pizza in the bar!), Pine Box Rock Shop (bar that used to be a casket factory),  and The Way Station (Doctor Who themed bar!). We also walked all over the place--from the financial district to Alphabet City, over the Williamsburg Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge. Here's a picture of Meg and I with the TARDIS at The Way Station: 


Essentially, I had an awesome time. Will there be more stories from NYC? Only time will tell! Read on, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.