Monday, January 28, 2013

Carmen

Seen on the Metra train to Chicago at about 7:50 a.m.

How do you comfort a crying baby when you have to take him to a dirty apartment because some old white male judge says so? How do you comfort your son when he barely knows his father? When you know his memories won’t consist of hugs and kisses but tobacco-stained fingers and an empty fridge and, if his father gets angry, a leather belt? How can you find the will to comfort in your heart when your heart is bitter? You have to, though, because your son’s heart does not yet know bitterness. How could you ever allow it to?

A sad drabble today. Got back from the burbs this morning. Super tired because I have to get up at 6 a.m. to make the train back. Mornings are not my thing. You know what is my thing? RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE! New season starts tonight. Wine and Drag Queen Nights are back, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.