Monday, December 3, 2012

The Veteran Sniper

Seen at a house party in Rockford, IL at about 11:30 p.m., December 1st, 2012

Parties can be as loud as a battlefield, but the soft plop of a ping pong ball in a plastic cup of beer is far more satisfying than the crack of a bullet. Easier on the nerves. Less blood.

He'd gone to war before he'd gone to college, and now he was the best beer pong player in his class. His aim was true, even after drinking for hours. He never had to ask for a re-rack. All the girls wanted to be on his team. Sometimes he made out with them afterwards, but their tongues tasted like sand.

Working from the suburbs today, so I won't be taking any public transportation. That's why I decided to write a drabble about somebody I saw at a house party on Saturday night instead. It was good to see my ladies from Rome--haven't seen them in forever! It was also good to learn that my flip cup skills have not diminished. Not that those skills come in handy much anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.