Friday, December 14, 2012

Amelia

Seen at Fullerton station waiting for the Purple Line to Linden at about 8:20 a.m.

A small strip of tape and a pair of sunglasses: a price that Amelia was more than willing to pay for a new nose. Her lover had been as good as his word. When she first kissed him, he promised to give her anything. She whispered her wish, sticky lips brushing his earlobes.

That very night they sat on a park bench and Amelia watched the faces of the passersby. Too wide…too red…too like a bird’s beak. Finally she found the one, and she pointed the donor out to her faithful servant. He slipped into the dark, knife in hand.

A creepy little drabble to start your weekend. My weekend sort of started a little early, actually. I went to Hopleaf last night with Gena and Lindsey. I forgot how low my tolerance for beer is. Oops. 

2 comments:

  1. Mmm even more reason to be weary of strangers! Creepy tale :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.