Thursday, November 8, 2012

Mick & Jo


Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 8:45 a.m. 

One of the first things Jo learned about Mick was that he loved Spider-Man. “I don’t know, there’s just something so revenge-of-the-nerds about it,” he explained. “This mild-mannered guy, this smart guy, saving the world."

Jo reached across the table and brushed a lock of hair from his forehead. “Of course, the radioactive spider bite probably helped."

He grinned at her. “Yeah, I suppose so.”

For their one-year anniversary, Jo knit a Spider-Man hat for Mick. He wore it every day, even when it was too warm. Once she tried making out with him upside down, like they do in the movies. It was awkward, though. Her front teeth kept knocking into his chin.

When he proposed to Jo, Mick got down on one knee. “My love,” he started, eyes wide with anticipation, “with great power comes great responsibility. You give me that power. You are my radioactive spider, and I want to be responsible for you all the days of my life.” As he put the ring on her finger, Jo realized that she must be the only woman on earth flattered by comparison to a spider. 

Saw this cute couple on the train. Thought I'd write about them.

Went to trivia last night for the first time in forever. It was fun, but alas, Team John King's Dexterous Fingers lost. (We were really impressed with his U.S. map touchscreen skills on election night, okay?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.