Monday, November 12, 2012

Belinda


Seen on the Metra train to Chicago at about 8:15 a.m. 

The fact is, other people are dirty. I hate to say it, but it’s true. Back in my day people took hygiene seriously, but it’s a terrifying new world. People don’t wash their hands when they use the restroom (I can hear it when they don’t turn on the sink), and they lick their food straight off their fingers. Showers have apparently become optional. I can see the grease slicking their hair, and the oil sliming from their pores. I can see the stains on their clothing. I can see the food caught in their teeth.

And then they have the gall to bring their disgusting bodies into public spaces! How can you blame me for wiping down the train seat? I only wish I had more than a tissue. Windex would be good. Bleach would be better. Oh no, don’t you look at me like I’m crazy. I’m no batty old woman. I’m just cleaning up after other people’s mess—or rather, the mess that is other people. 

I sent in my first three grad school applications this weekend! Exciting stuff. In other news, I took my dad to see Skyfall for his birthday, and it was FANTASTIC. I cannot stress enough how much you need to see it. (Yes, YOU.) I truly think it may be the best Bond film ever made, and I should know considering that I've seen every single one. I'm a bit of a Bond junkie. Javier Bardem's villain was SO creepy/funny/awesome, Ben Whishaw made a wonderfully nerdy-sexy Q, the script was well-written, and the cinematography was gorgeous. If you do not see this movie, you are missing out.

And that was my public service announcement for the day. Until tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.