Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Experiment


Seen waiting for the Orange Line to Midway at about 12:30 p.m., October 29th, 2012 

It’s hard when your god no longer wants you. I just wasn’t good enough. He tried for several months to improve me, but his calculations were always off. I was too lopsided, too ugly. The small head he picked out for me didn’t quite fit on the thick neck, no matter how he sewed it. The dull pink scars running from my ear to my weak chin tell the story of his failure. Of my failure. His rejection stings right down to the staples that hold my heart together.

I hear there’s a god that never rejects you, the Christian god. That’s where I’m headed now—to find this god. I know he might not take me; he didn’t make me, and I’m not even sure I have a soul to save. My creator never mentioned giving me one. All I can do is hope that this god will take pity on me and give me something to live for. 

I don't think I've ever written an Orange Line story before. I was meeting my dad downtown for lunch, and I saw this fellow while I was waiting for the Pink Line. I almost wanted to delete the second paragraph entirely. What do you think?

This weekend was lots of fun. Here's a picture of me and my best friend Meg at Beauty Bar (I'm a sugar skull, and she's Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer):


I know--we are way too cute for our own good.

On a more serious note, I hope everyone on the east coast is doing alright in the wake of Sandy. Here's a link to the American Red Cross if anyone wants to donate money to disaster relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.