Monday, October 1, 2012

Skylar


Seen on the eastbound Fullerton Bus at about 10:15 p.m., September 27th, 2012 

At first he looked like your average college student, with his pilled gray hoodie and his nose ring. But his skin was smooth and white like paper, and his wide eyes were like a child’s. Unsettling. He was unsettling. He glanced at me, questions bobbing up and down in his pupils, and suddenly I felt like I’d been doing it all wrong. Friends, job, dating. Life. What answers or reassurance could I give him? I was just another failed adult, a grown-up who knows nothing at all. 

Oh yes. Another drabble. Drabbles are fun.

How is it October already? Last time I checked it was July. I much prefer it when time moves sticky slow. Ever since I graduated college I feel like I'm losing whole years. It's disconcerting. Anyone else have the same problem? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.