Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Eleanor


Seen at the Fullerton station waiting for the Brown Line to Kimball at about 8:45 a.m. 

I am a lone wolf. I am fierce, and proud, and I’ll tear you apart if I have to. I am wild. I listen to The Runaways and I read Kerouac. I don’t need a pack. I’ll never need a pack.

(When I was little, my mom used to listen to this Simon & Garfunkel song that went “I am a rock. I am an island. And a rock feels no pain, and an island never cries.” The song is right, but it’s a pathetic way of putting it.) 

Fun with parentheses! I was inspired to write this story because "Eleanor" was wearing a furry hat that had wolf ears. It wasn't cutesy, though. I actually really liked it. Should've asked her where she got it.

My lovely and talented friend Leta has started her own Etsy store, aptly named "UmWhatSoRad." It features delightfully nerdy kitchenware. It seems that some of her other friends and I have bought out all the Nikola Tesla mugs, but there are still some Harry Potter and Whovian things in there. And I'm sure there will be more to come. You should take a look and/or buy something!

I think tonight I'm going to see Looper with Meg. I know I should be studying for the GRE, but I really want to see it. I love Rian Johnson's movies. I wrote a paper about Brick for the only film class I ever took in college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.