Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mickey

Seen at Riot Fest during Jesus & Mary Chain's and Alkaline Trio's sets, September 16th, 2012

People were always thinking Mickey was somebody, but he wasn't somebody--he was just punk as fuck. No other way to put it. Whenever there was a concert he wanted to see, or an event he wanted to get into, all he had to do was show up. He had bleach blonde spiky hair, and wiry, tattooed arms. He wore torn up black t-shirts, zebra-striped skinny jeans, and black combat boots. He looked like what Sid Vicious would have looked like had he been allowed to grow old. When he appeared before others, they did not question him. They simply let him in.

And the best part is that once he was in, nobody wanted him to leave. His look was an asset. Every venue wanted him dancing on the side of their stage; every band wanted him at their after-parties. Bartenders poured him free drinks. Girls half his age threw themselves at him. People constantly speculated about his identity. "He's gotta be one of the Stooges or something," they'd whisper. "I heard he owns a recording studio in London," they'd mutter. In reality, Mickey was little more than walking fashion, walking swagger, walking rebellion.

This guy was seriously the coolest looking old dude I've ever seen. He probably was in a band that I didn't see or something. I even tried googling to find out who he was, but I had no luck. If anyone knows who I'm talking about, please let me know! 

I would write more, but my roommate has Honey Boo-Boo on and I'm very distracted. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.