Monday, September 10, 2012

Elvis

Seen outside the Western Brown Line stop at about 10:15 p.m., September 6th, 2012

Elvis would bite down on his thick stack of newspapers and leer at passersby, as if to say: "This is all I have, look at all you have, this is all I have, this is my meal, this is my bed, look at all you have you bitch."

Then he'd grin a hungry grin, baring all his rotting teeth, and ask, "Streetwise?"

Perhaps it wasn't the best sales technique, but Elvis knew no other way. To be fair, he would try to wipe his saliva off the papers with his shirttail before he handed them out.

Sorry for all the late-night posting. Work is still 100% insane. And now I must go to bed, so I can get up to go in early. Again. And stay late. Again. Ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.