Monday, September 17, 2012

Clay

Seen on the Purple Line to the Loop at about 6:20 p.m., September 13th, 2012

Your heart would break to see him, his hair greasy with the type of intense, nervous passion usually reserved for adolescents. He scratches his love for her on a fresh piece of looseleaf paper, bright white like his hope. Now, as whenever he thinks about her, he pulls his bag on top of his lap so nobody will notice. He doesn't put that in the letter. As he folds the note, he traces infinity on the dirty floor with his toe.

I can't wait until work isn't crazy anymore so I can just post at the office.

Riot Fest was a blast. My favorite performances of the weekend were Larry and His Flask (banjo-induced mosh pits are the best mosh pits), Alkaline Trio (Meg and I were right in the front--my 14-year-old heart was a-flutter), and Iggy & the Stooges. I would definitely put Iggy in the list of top 10 best concerts I've ever seen. That guy is insane. In the best possible way.

I'll probably write about some interesting people I saw at Riot Fest over the next couple of days. I have a few in mind...

2 comments:

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.