Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chloe

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 8 a.m.

The necklace he gave her weighed heavy on her neck. It was all thick, gilded ropey chains coiled around each other, culminating in a large knot that rested at the top of her cleavage. When he presented the jewelry box to her, Chloe asked him what the special occasion was. He replied:

"There is no occasion. I just wanted to remind you that I love you. That I'll always love you. When you wear it, I want you to feel my arms around you, wrapping you in an endless embrace."

To Chloe, the necklace felt like anything but an embrace. His hands around her neck, perhaps, but not a sweet caress. She felt bound to him when she wore it, chained to him. She found it difficult to breathe.

Oh, you know. It's just the third day in a row I've worked for 10 hours. Fun times. 

My friend Ashley took this incredible picture of me while I was in Minnesota. You should check out her tumblr



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.