Monday, August 6, 2012

Marty

Seen during Black Sabbath's set at Lollapalooza 2012. 

God, I swear this ring is burning a hole in my pocket. I just wanna get this over with! But Rose’s mom is so into it right now. I knew she was a Sabbath fan—I mean, who isn’t? But I never realized she was this into it. She knows all the words to every song, even the less popular ones. It’s kinda hilarious, actually. She looks so clean-cut.

That’s the other problem. I thought asking her mom’s permission while we were all together at Lolla would be a good idea, but maybe I shouldn’t have waited until Black Sabbath. There’s something a little fucked up about expressing my eternal love for Rose during a lyric like “Satan laughing spreads his wings.” Even though Rose and her mom both love that song so much. The first time I met Rose she was singing along with “War Pigs” on her iPod. She didn’t even care that nobody else could hear the music. I think I loved her right then.

Maybe I’ll do it on the way out. Right by Buckingham Fountain or something romantic like that. Yeah, that seems like a better idea. Besides, I don’t think I could tear her mom’s attention away from Ozzy even if I wanted to. If Rose and I stay as obsessed with each other as her mom is with Sabbath, I think our marriage will be just fine.  

All this week I'll be pretending to know people I saw during Lollapalooza! It was a great weekend full of awesome music. All in all I ended up seeing Metric, Die Antwoord, DJ Zebo, Black Sabbath, JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound, Delta Spirit, Franz Ferdinand, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Trampled by Turtles, Dum Dum Girls, Gaslight Anthem, and Jack White

Black Sabbath was super fun. Ozzy might be the cutest little old man on the planet. And when I say old I apparently mean 63. Kids, stay in school and don't do drugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.