Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kylie

Seen during Red Hot Chili Peppers' set at Lollapalooza 2012. 

The lights of the skyline are bright and beautiful, and they twinkle in the muddy water that comes up to my ankles, and I dance in the mud, I twirl and twist, and I stomp, and the mud gets on my clothes, and I think it’s good, and I think they look better that way, and there’s a girl, an alone girl, and I hold my fan-mask up to her face, and she looks silly with a mustache, and I laugh, and she smiles, and we’re happy, and the whole crowd is cooing that song, that slower one, that “Under the Bridge” song, and everyone is together, and everyone is happy, and everyone is bright and beautiful. 

This girl was on a lot of drugs. That is what I was trying to convey, if you couldn't tell. I was the girl she held the mustache mask up to--I had one as well. Here's a lovely picture, courtesy of my delightful roommate Lindsey:


You should also click the "Under the Bridge" link--it's their actual performance from Lolla. More Lolla stories tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.