Friday, August 10, 2012

Dennis & Bea

Seen during At the Drive-In's set at Lollapalooza 2012. 

The middle-aged man plops himself down next to the twenty-something girl. Their cheeks are flushed; their eyes are watery but bright. They look like they adore everything they see and hear and feel. She turns to face him.

“How did you find me?”

“I dunno. I just did.”

“But I’m a shapeshifter. You shouldn’t be able to find me.”

“No, I know. I’m a shapeshifter, too.”

She plucks at the grass beneath her thighs. “How funny, that we should find each other here. Both shapeshifters.”

He removes his baseball cap and wipes the sweat from his wrinkled forehead. “Yeah! And it’s so crowded! And we’ve never told anyone else! But here we are.”

He grins at her, then rolls down the hill like a child. She laughs, then shrieks like a banshee. 

I literally heard these two people discussing how they were shapeshifters. More drugs, I suspect. I don't really like At the Drive In, but Lindsey and I wanted to be close to the Red Bull stage so we could be super close for the mind-bogglingly awesome Jack White (which we were). Here's a video of him performing "Sixteen Saltines." We were jumping around like crazy, and we brought Tamby (our light-up tambourine), so that was fun.

And that concludes my week of stories from Lolla! Next week I'll return to writing about strangers on the CTA. Although I have some family business to attend to in Florida this weekend, so there probably won't be a story on Monday. Until Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.