Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Brendan

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 8:45 a.m. 

Brendan crosses his arms and hopes his shirt doesn’t smell too bad. The Olympics aren’t even in their second week, though, so he figures he’s still okay. The important thing is to keep the Team USA soccer jersey on for the duration of the Games. Brendan is convinced his sacrifice will maximize the U.S. medal count—it worked pretty well during Beijing, and Athens before that. So far America and China are tied for medals, but Brendan is confident that, due in large part to his superstitious contribution, the Stars and Stripes will pull ahead. 

Sorry I didn't write yesterday; I was working from home. And watching the Olympics while doing so, of course. Whitewater canoeing is pretty intense. Also, right before an archery tie-breaking shootout, some hilarious person decided to play "Under Pressure" over the loudspeaker. Also, my roommates and I are awesome at yelling at the TV. It's so funny--I never care about sports except when the Olympics are on. Maybe all my sports-fanaticism is just buried somewhere deep in my bones and I let it all out for two weeks every two years. Or something. Anyway, I'm enjoying the Games very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.