Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rory

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 8:45 a.m. 

So I’m kinda scrawny, if you haven’t noticed. As such, it’s easy for me to feel most things. Any injury cuts right to the muscle, and there’s no fat to insulate me from the cold during the winter. Ask any scrawny person and they’ll tell you the same thing. The one thing we can’t typically feel, however, is music.

Our stomachs are too flat and hard to throb with the bass line; our asses aren’t meaty enough to jiggle. I always felt deprived, like I was missing out on an essential aspect of every song I ever listened to. That’s why I bought the headphones. They were the biggest ones I could find. I blast the music into my ears, and the plastic frame of the headphones rattles against my jaw, which in turn softly vibrates my tongue. It’s like I’m kissing the melody. 

Important question: why is it only Tuesday?

Last night I took a belly dancing class, which was fun. I'm awful at it though. I'll have to keep practicing. Tonight: DWChitown! Huzzah. 

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that you took the story the other way...normally I'd think a scrawny person would be especially sensitive to music. Good physical descriptions though. Yeah, Tuesdays...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.