Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rene

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 8:30 a.m.

Rene’s head is weighed down by the heavy block of rejection slung around his neck. He’d done everything they wanted—ugly white shirt, cropped pants, dated-yet-trendy black jacket. His headshots are carefully stowed inside a green plaid backpack he picked up at the Urban Outfitters surplus store. He put a blonde streak in his hair, for God’s sake! He is hipster to the bone, enviably pretentious-looking. He sighs, and his eyes roll up to the dirty fluorescent lights. 

A model so beautiful and so committed and so malleable simply doesn’t deserve this.

He hops off the train at Diversey and heads back to his apartment. There he will transform into whatever the next casting agency wants. 

A very short flash today--my train ended up running express. Writing group was wonderful last night. It always helps to have people you trust critiquing your work. Tonight is not going to be so much fun. Tonight...is taxes night. Wah wah. Has anyone else procrastinated this long? Here's a groovy little song to help us get through it.

In happier news, the Lollapalooza 2012 lineup is AMAZING. I'm so glad I already got tickets. There are so many bands I want to see that I can't even name them all off the top of my head. Some of my favorites are Franz Ferdinand, Jack White, Black Sabbath, and The Tallest Man on Earth. But there are oh-so-many more. It's like someone went inside my brain, grabbed all the bands I'd like to see and threw them together in a lineup. Suffice it to say there will probably be some stories from Lolla later in the summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.