Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Nicki


Seen on the Metra Union Pacific North Line at about 7:50 a.m. 

Nicki sulks onto the train with her pink backpack. Her momma named her Nikki, but she spells it Nicki like Nicki Minaj because she loves Nicki Minaj and because the girls at school will like her better that way. She doesn’t like a lot of things her momma does: her momma doesn’t have a job, her momma never gets her lazy ass off the couch to look for a job, her momma dates lazy ass men. Her momma’s a stupid bitch. This morning her momma couldn’t even afford to buy Nicki a student-price ten-ride train pass. Pathetic. But Nicki knows she’s not like her momma. Nicki’s like Nicki Minaj—she’s going to make something of herself.

Sorry I didn't write a story yesterday, but I was working from home in the suburbs--hence my taking the Metra this morning. I suppose I could have written you a story about my adorable dogs, but...you know...

Today is a good day. It is over 60 degrees outside, it is sunny, and writing group is tonight. Hope you're having a good day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.