Monday, March 12, 2012

Audrey

Seen waiting for the Red Line to 95th at Fullerton at about 8:30 a.m. 

The rain is so familiar to her today—Audrey has rain déjà vu. Not so long ago she was standing at the base of a mountain in Peru, early in the morning, happy. The warm, petrichor-perfumed rain swam down her blonde braid, bounced off her eyelashes, freckled her flushed cheeks, moistened her pink lips, rolled along the curve of her neck, filled her proffered hands. Perhaps the Peruvian rain missed her touch and followed her back to Chicago, unlike Diego, who stayed. 

A very brief flash today! Only 82 words. Hope it's a good story. Guess what? I LOVE THE CHICAGO WEATHER RIGHT NOW. It's amazing. It'll probably get cold again before summer rolls around, but a girl can dream...
Yesterday I was walking around Wicker Park, and I bought Adam Levin's collection of short stories Hot Pink. Hm...reading this review has made me realize that Hot Pink isn't actually released until tomorrow. Wonder how that happened? Magic? Human error? Anyway, I'm excited about it. I love short story collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.