Friday, March 9, 2012

Adelaide

Seen waiting for the Red Line at Fullerton at about 8:15 a.m., March 8th, 2012 

Today I am grateful, for this wrap is squeezing my neck, and this hat is knotted tightly beneath my chin, and my head rests safely on my shoulders. Lord knows it’s sometimes more precarious! I just picked this one up the other day; I thought her face looked kind, and she wasn’t buried too deep. The headstone said her name was Ashley. Well thank-you, Ashley! Bet you never thought your skin would be battered by the cold Chicago wind again! But don’t worry. I’ll take good care of it.

I’ll need new legs soon. This pair is starting to rot, but the flesh is strapped in good by my thick green tights. Ha! I remember the first time I had this problem. Everyone thought I had some kind of skin disease; one young man even offered to take me to the hospital. The hospital! Not much they could do for me. Oh, I’ll tell you, being one of the walking dead does have its trials and tribulations.

Sometimes I wish I could have a slimmer, more attractive figure, but all the mass around my middle keeps me balanced and steady. I have just the right amount of breasts, buttocks, thighs, and fatty upper arms, all bound together in a torso-ball with medical tape. The tape’s a bit itchy, but I can’t complain. At least I’m still here, surviving in the best way I know how. 

Sorry there was no post yesterday. Work got awfully crazy. It was pretty crazy today, too. But I don't see much of a point in starting a new project at 4:30 p.m.  I'm going to see Showboat tonight with my family at the Lyric Opera! Excited about that. As for what the rest of the weekend will hold...only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.