Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Touching Moment Between Batman and a Cat

I'm working from home today, so I haven't seen anyone on the CTA. In lieu of a normal post, I thought I'd post this short piece I wrote last night at Drivel & Wit Chicago. We all took 5 minutes to write something based on the prompt "Cats and/or Batman." I think the stories came out better than expected. Enjoy!


The cat's green eyes peered out from the trash can, an orange peel hanging out of its mouth. It saw a thick, boulder-like figure drop from the top of the building across the alley. The figure landed heavily, but with an agile crouch, on the dirty pavement. Slowly, the figure rose to its full height. The cat thought the figure was much like himself. Its gray skin matched the cat's gray fur. They shared small, pointed ears. The most obvious difference was the figure's billowing cape. The cat was jealous. It crept out of the trash can and wound itself between the figure's legs, listening to its raspy breaths. "One of these days I might need to borrow one of your lives," said the figure. The cat purred in reply.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, awesome. I love that Batman is wearing the old Adam West costume, but speaks like Christian Bale.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.