Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hannah

Seen on the Northbound Fullerton Station platform at about 8:25 a.m.


Hannah peered out from under her hood. A red line train to Howard passed. Then a brown line train to Kimball. Then another red line. Then another brown line. Hannah wandered slowly around the platform, but she did not get on any of the trains. Finally, a purple line train to Linden rumbled into the station. But she still did not get on the train; she just stared at it blankly. Quite frankly, she was waiting for a more exciting commute.

Hannah was looking for the right train. She’d know it when she saw it. She imagined it would look like all the others, except her train would have something special that only she could see—an aura of purpose. She wasn’t sure if it was a red line train to Love, a brown line train to Adventure, a purple line train to Enlightenment. Maybe it would be headed to another destination entirely. Hannah was content to wait on the platform, to let all the wrong trains pass, for hers was a commute of hope. 

Hey there. At work, so I can't talk long. STILL no word from Machine of Death. Gaaaaahhhh. I'll probably hear by tomorrow, early next week at the latest. Trying to stay calm. I'm trying to write 50,000 words of flash for NaNoWriMo. I wrote three stories last night; two I like and one I hate. But that's ok, because the point of NaNoWriMo is to do your editing later and just get words out on paper! So I'm trying to do that. Hopefully it will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.