Thursday, October 20, 2011

Winter

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 8:40 a.m.

Winter is coming early to Chicago this year. I saw her on the train today. All the signs were there: pale skin and lifeless hair, delicate snowflake nose, icicle-colored eyes with a frostbite stare. She was wrapped up in a khaki trench coat, disguised as a commuter. She thought we wouldn't notice her sneaking in, encroaching upon Autumn's reign. But it is impossible to miss such a chilly harbinger.

Joining in with Drivel and Wit last night was really fun! Hopefully my friend Felipe and I will be starting a Chicago branch sometime in the not-too-distant future. More news on that as it develops. Anyway, I'm at work again, so I should go. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I. Love. This.

    Anthropomorphic personifications are always a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.