Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Claudia

Seen on the Purple Line to the Loop at about 5:35 p.m.


"M'am, if there is no present danger to your life or somebody else's life, you can't call 911."

"But please!" Claudia breathed into her cell phone. "I know someone's after me!"

"M'am, I am hanging up now. If you do this again, you can be prosecuted."

"But--"

"Goodbye."

Claudia shivered and zipped her jacket up further. Why won't anyone believe her? Those low-hanging clouds, poisoned with gray, moving swiftly to the west. The peculiarly sharp chill in the air that slashes into your lungs and stomach. It is still; there is no wind to relieve the pain. It all points to one thing--murder. This is a perfect day for killing, and Claudia doesn't want to be the victim. She's sure nobody would find her body, dragged behind a dumpster, flesh devoured by rats, bones blanketed in dry, brown leaves.

Sorry kids. I'm in a really macabre mood today. I don't know what's up with that. I had to work really late. No fun. Hope your day was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.