Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bailey

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 8:35 a.m.

Everyone else on the train looked groggy and glum, unhappy to be heading to work. But not Bailey. With her bright yellow skirt and wide smile, neon green sunglasses atop her head, Bailey seemed a continuation of the clear Autumn sun that was steadily rising over Lake Michigan. With every sip of coffee she became giddier, and many times she had to suppress outright laughter. Frank Sinatra was crooning in her ear: "What a day this has been, what a rare mood I'm in, why it's almost like being in love." As the train carried her forward, she couldn't stop thinking about last night. It had been a great first date.

I had to write a cheery one to make up for yesterday's depressing story. Luckily there was a very happy-looking girl on the train today! Good times. Well, I should probably not be posting this at work...but I am. I should get back. More diseases to research... (no wonder I'm driven into creative pursuits!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.