Monday, September 19, 2011

Janine

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 9 a.m.


Janine’s small frame stiffens, her eyes scrunch up, and she releases three high-pitched sneezes. The germs spread over the heavy tome in her lap, infecting the words of the story, making the inconspicuous book perilous for the next person who checks it out from the library. The virus knits itself into her frumpy sweater, waiting to leap from her arms onto the hands and faces of the children for whom she cares. The disease drags itself down her pants and onto her mismatched socks, making abettors of her feet who will carry it everywhere she goes. Janine is an epidemic.

Decided to take a break at work and write this instead. I'm pretty pleased with it, because it's another drabble! This one was almost accidental; I did a word count and it was 99 words, so I decided to add one more, just for fun. You know how it is. Also, I keep forgetting that my amazing friend Leta made this for me: 
 I have fan art! How exciting is that? Answer: pretty damn exciting. 

1 comment:

  1. Disease! Awesome :) Also, I don't know why .png files default to black backgrounds. Weird.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.