Sunday, August 7, 2011

Elijah

Seen on the Belmont Bus at about 8:15 p.m., July 18th, 2011


Elijah stares out the window of the bus and thinks about what he always thinks about: how to make himself more like Bob Dylan. He knows he can never be all that Dylan is--poet, prophet, god-of-folk--but he can try. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

He's already got the look--tight black pants, purple and dark green paisley button-down shirt, dark shades, tangled light-brown hair. He has to lose weight. He knows that. He needs to look starved, as if he doesn't eat food but survives on verse alone. He'll get there.

Elijah knows he needs to be better. Jessica left him after one-too-many serenades of "Lay Lady Lay" and "Just Like a Woman." Dylan may be enough for him, but Jessica wanted something original, something that came straight from Elijah, and he had nothing to offer. He had recently started writing his own music. In the style of Dylan, of course. That was a given. Hopefully it'd be enough for the next girl. But if not, you know, he'd just keep on going. It'd be alright.

Oh my goodness how busy I have been! Thank you for putting up with my lack of posts. It has mostly been due to moving. I have an apartment with natural light now! How exciting!  I also just had my first solo gogo dancing performance in the Beast Women 2011 Summer Series. It was awesome.  Beast Women is a fantastic group that supports women in the arts. You should check them out. I have my own facebook page for my gogo dancing alter-ego Blondie Saint-Shimmy now. You should also check that out. And with that I bid you goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.