Monday, April 18, 2011

Mindy

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at around 8:10 a.m.


I like mornings, even when they're gross like today.  I'm waiting for the train, and I eat a banana in five bites--one, two, three, four, five.  It took me a long time to learn to count to five.  I like bananas.  Bananas are my favorite.

Anyway, it took me a long time to count to five because I just like letters more.  But I'm eight now.  I can count way higher than five and I know lots of words, too.  Well, I was eight.  I guess now I'm a grown-up. One time at the park I was on the swings, and I was swinging faster and faster, and I was going really high, and then I jumped off the swing and tried to fly like a bird!  I wasn't a good flyer, but when I landed I was all grown up.

I went home for dinner, because Mom always said every day, "Be home for dinner by six!" But when I came in she started screaming like the lady in that psycho movie that Dad wasn't supposed to let me watch and she told me to get out of the house.  I was really sad.

But then I realized I could have adventures like in The Boxcar Children! But I didn't have a boxcar like them.  So I walked to my favorite store, which is Toys 'R' Us. And I asked if I could help put the stuffed animals on the shelves.  I like stuffed animals, especially the bunnies.  So now I get to go to Toys 'R' Us every day, and I put lots of toys on the shelves, not just stuffed animals. And sometimes they give me money, too, which is good because being a grown up is kinda hard sometimes.  Lots of times I go back to my house and spy in the windows and look at Mom and Dad. I miss them.

I see this woman almost every day on my commute to work, and she always reminds me of a kid. Not in a bad way, though. She just always seems cheerful.  In other news, if you scroll down the page, you will eventually see a facebook logo on the right.  Click on it, and it will link you to "Pretending to Know You"'s brand new facebook page!  Following us is a great way to waste more time at work/school/elsewhere.  


Also, have you checked out some of the other links on the side of the page?  If you do, you'll find the blogs/bands/other projects of many super-talented people, and your life will be greatly improved.  

1 comment:

  1. Becky, why does this blog always have to make me so sad???

    Molly

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.