Friday, April 15, 2011

Damen

Seen on the Purple Line to Linden at about 8:10 a.m.

As the train becomes more crowded, Damen moves his large duffel bag off the seat next to him and onto his lap.  The first time he did this, he was afraid that people would somehow just know about the body.  But he quickly realized that this was not the case.  Morning commuters are barely awake, and most of them vehemently avoid interacting with each other by hiding themselves in a book or behind a copy of the Red Eye.  Besides, Damen does his job so well that nobody would ever notice anyway.  He slices the body into small, manageable pieces and makes sure they are thoroughly drained of blood before he packs them into his black duffel bag, one on top of the other.  

This morning he is off to a quiet beach in Evanston, where he will let the waves and hungry creatures of Lake Michigan erode the skin, hair, and bones.  Then he will travel to Wicker Park, meet his employer, and receive his pay.  Easy as pie.  

So there's a little eerie story to start your weekend.  My friend Lindsay G. (who is wonderful and is currently making me a Doctor Who bookmark) informed me today that some of her friends are reading and enjoying the blog!  This makes me very happy.  And it also reminds me that I should thank everyone who is reading and posting about this blog.  I am so very pleased that you like it, and I will continue to do my best to entertain you.  I hope you all have a good weekend!  




5 comments:

  1. Uh Oh, did we raise a sociopath?!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.... first we have frog dissection lady and now this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so your friend Lindsay G is friend of my friend Jordan D (unfortunate rhyme) who is the one sent me the link to this blog. I LOVE it - not necessarily the creepy-factor but the whole concept!! Its what I do in my head all the time but never actually take the time to write down. I'm writing vicariously through your escapades :) Keep up the enjoyable work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Corry! I'm glad you're enjoying the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It always makes my day.